This page highlights the features and improvements planned for Europeana Collections. Priorities may change while we work on certain features.
Our aim is to release new features early and frequently in order to get your feedback to make them better. As such, not everything will be perfect on first release, and we appreciate your patience and help in testing the new and updated services. Don't hesitate to give us your feedback via the "Feedback" button in the corner of your screen,
What we are currently working on
- Switching Europeana.eu to a secure connection at all times (https:// instead of http:// with a lock icon in the browser) to make sure all that you search for is really secure!
- Making various accessibility improvements to Europeana.eu, allowing everyone to use Europeana in the most optimal way (such as those browsing via screenreaders).
- Launching the first version of the thematic Fashion Collections.
What we will work on soon
- Showing the first batch of user created annotations on certain item pages, annotations which developers have been submitting via our Annotations API.
- Add support for autosuggestions in search, which will suggest persons, topics and places to you based on your search query.
Other features planned for the remainder of 2016
- Begin the development and migration of the Europeana World War 1 Thematic Collection (currently europeana1914-18.eu).
- Add support for new Rightsstatements.org rights statement.
Completed projects and improvements
Visit our release overview page on GitHub for an overview of completed changes and improvements per version of Europeana Collections. Our aim is to release a new version of Europeana Collections every three weeks.