Development updates and roadmap
This page highlights the features and improvements planned for Europeana Collections. Priorities may change while we work on certain features. We aim to update this page every 2 two months.
Our aim is to release new features early and frequently in order to get your feedback to make them better. As such, not everything will be perfect on first release, and we appreciate your patience and help in testing the new and updated services. Don't hesitate to give us your feedback via the "Feedback" button in the corner of your screen,
Completed projects and improvements
Visit our release overview page on GitHub for an overview of completed changes and improvements per version of Europeana Collections. Our aim is to release a new version of Europeana Collections every three weeks.
What we have done
- Added four new languages (Czech, Irish, Slovak and Slovenian), meaning Europeana Collections can now be navigated in 27 languages
- Added auto-suggestions in search: this suggests persons, topics and places based on the search query
- Improved video preview of content from EUScreen: Europe’s television heritage from European audiovisual archives and broadcasters
What we will work on until end 2017
- Soft launch a new thematic collection on migration
- Add a date filter to the migration thematic collection
- Add functionality to capture user-generated content for migration thematic collection
- Update our galleries so that they will display text material, in addition to images
- Add functionality to allow users to navigate through search results from an item page
- Improve the design of item pages, in particular to show when items are featured in blogs, galleries and other editorial