Chromo-lithograph of Scott Monument by T. Nelson and Sons; [Monuments]; Princes Street: Looking West - Edinburgh | Kemp, George Meikle; Thomas Nelson & Sons
Call Number - 0030309
Shelf Mark - Corson P.9468
Depicts a view along Princes Street, Edinburgh, including the Scott Monument and Edinburgh Castle. George Meikle Kemp won the competition to design a monument to Sir Walter Scott in 1838. The structure was begun in 1840 and completed in 1844. The monument, including the statue by Sir John Steell, was officially inaugurated 15 August 1846.