- The Sacred Heart is one of the most famous religious devotions to Jesus's physical heart, as the representation of His divine love for Humanity. The Sacred Heart is often depicted in Christian art as a flaming heart shining with divine light, pierced by the lance-wound, surrounded by a crown of thorns, surmounted by a cross and bleeding. In this artwork George Borg sculpted this image on the chest of Jesus, in the centre of the artwork.
- Bust length figure of Christ with his hand raised
- Repository/Location: National Museum of Fine Arts (Valletta, Malta)
- : Height: 94 cm; Width: 90 cm; Depth: 9 cm
- Modern (styles and periods) [Create]
- 20th century [Create]
References and relations