- The painting depicts the triumph of the young David, the future king of Israel, described in the Old Testament, over the giant Goliath. In the centre of the picture David carries the head of Golliath by the hair after having killed him in battle, with a stone from his sling. To the left is a group of armed men escorting David, while to the right of the picture are a group of women playing musical instruments, dancing and rejoicing.
- Repository/Location: National Museum of Fine Arts (Valletta, Malta)
- : 156 x 88 cm (without frame)
- Late Renaissance [Create]
- Late 16th or early 17th century [Create]
References and relations