Revd Dr Frederick Charles Plumptre (1796–1870) was a Victorian academic and administrator. He was Master of University College, Oxford for many years till the end of his life and concurrently Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University for four years.Frederick Plumptre was from an academic family, mainly at Cambridge. He attained a second class degree in Literae Humaniores in 1817 at University College, Oxford, and was elected a Fellow in the same year. He became Dean and Tutor of the College from 1821.Plumptre had an interest in architecture and served three terms as President of the Oxford Architectural Society. He was involved in the restoration and building of several churches in Oxford. He was also a member of the Delegacy (building committee), established on 8 April 1854, that set up the Oxford University Museum.