Edward Smyth (1749 – 2 August 1812) was an Irish sculptor.The son of a stone-cutter, Smyth was born in Meath, Ireland. He was employed by Henry Darley, who was in turn an employee of James Gandon. By this connection Smyth met Gandon who was greatly impressed with his work. Gandon employed Smyth as sculptor to the Custom House as well as for all of his Dublin projects. These included the Four Courts, House of Lords, and King's Inns. Smyth was also employed by the architect Francis Johnston. He carved the heads on the exterior of Johnston's Chapel Royal in Dublin Castle until his death, whereupon his son John continued the work.Smyth was the first Master of the Dublin Society School of Modeling and sculpture. He died suddenly on 2 August 1812, at his home at 36 Montgomery Street in Dublin. His son, John Smyth, was also a sculptor and succeeded him as Master of Modeling at the Dublin School.