Development updates and roadmap
This page highlights the features and improvements planned for Europeana Collections. Priorities may change while we work on certain features. We aim to update this page every two months.
Our aim is to release new features early and frequently in order to get your feedback to make them better. As such, not everything will be perfect on first release, and we appreciate your patience and help in testing the new and updated services. Don't hesitate to give us your feedback via the "Feedback" button in the corner of your screen.
Completed projects and improvements
Visit our release overview page on GitHub for an overview of completed changes and improvements per version of Europeana Collections. Our aim is to release a new version of Europeana Collections every three weeks.
What we have done in 2018 so far
- Developed new functionality to capture user-generated content for Europeana Migration thematic collection
- Developed Entity pages for people and topics. An example is this page about Johannes Vermeer
- Updated our galleries so that they will display text material, in addition to images
- Added a date filter to the migration thematic collection
- Began work on improving the design of item pages, in particular to show when items are featured in blogs, galleries and other editorial
- Migrated our servers to Europe to improve website performance
What we will work on during 2018
- Publish a new thematic collection on manuscripts
- Publish a new thematic collection on newspapers, including technical developments to facilitate full-text searching and browsing pages of digitised historic newspapers
- Launch functionality to capture user-generated content for migration thematic collection