Photograph of the east front of the Kantaji
Temple at Kantanagar, taken by John Henry Ravenshaw around 1871.
This temple was built in 1752 by Maharaja Pran Nath of Dinajpur and
is one of the most elaborate of the late medieval bricktemples of
Bangladesh. The temple stands on a sandstone plinth and has the
curved cornice typical of buildings in this area. It comprises
three tiers originally topped …