Horninghold lies 9 miles to the north east of Market Harborough. The village was extensively rebuilt and modernised between 1880- 1914. The Hardcastle family of Blaston on the most part funded this modernisation. Here workmen laying sewer pipes in the village pose for the camera. Note that the workmen wear their own clothes as the Health and Safety at Work Act only came into force in 1974.