The Cromford canal and Leawood pumping station

Looking from the Wigwell aqueduct. The canal is passing over the River Derwent at this point. The pumping station lifted water from the river to maintain water levels in the canal. Completed in 1794, the Cromford Canal stretched 14.5 miles to Langley Mill joining the Erewash Canal. The Cromford Canal Company was formed by an act of Parliament on 24th of August 1789, it had from monies raised (£46,…

Vittorio Carpi ritratto a figura quasi intera, frontalmente. Ritratto maschile
Dove Dolby ritratta a mezzo busto, di profilo. Ritratto femminile
The root of the matter
Boetti ritratto a mezzo busto, di profilo. Ritratto maschile