Clumber House, 1826

The image shows a coloured etching depicting Clumber House and lake; number 38 of R Ackermann's Repository of Arts etc. Clumber Park was once part of Nottinghamshire's famed 'Dukeries'. It was formerly home to the Dukes of Newcastle, and was built in 1770 during the reign of Queen Anne. Clumber was abandoned by the seventh Duke of Newcastle for the suburban comforts of Forest Farm near Windsor in …

HIV.2004
Arthur M. Browne
James Sharples Senior
Albert Gallatin