St Luke's Church

The church was founded in 1868 by Frances Alice Moss of Litchurch, Derby. The temporary church building was opened on the Feast of the Annunciation 1868. The preacher was Rev. C. J. Vaughan DD. The cornerstone of the permanent church, a memorial to John Lonsdale D.D. 90th Bishop of Lichfield, was placed by his daughter Lucy on the Feast of the Annunciation 1870. The church was consecrated by Georg…

Chelsea from "Metropolitan Improvements ... From original drawings by T. H. Shepherd, etc"…
Gothic Revival from "[An historical and topographical description of Chelsea and its envir…
St. Luke's Church from "Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia".
Charlton near Woolwich Kent 1787