July 1965. Image shows the front of Morley Market. The greengrocery stall of Mr. Kelly was a permanent feature of the space in front of the market entrance and when not in use was shuttered up and fastened with a tarpaulin. The vans and other stalls were moved out of the market place at the end of the day's trading. Morley market was built along Hope Street at the opposite side to the Queen's Hotel. Mr. Benjamin Hall Worrall owned both market and Hotel from 1880 to 1892 and after his death the rents for the market stalls were collected by Mr. Alan Jowett who had married the daughter of Mr. B. H. Worrall. Later on, the market became the largest privately owned market in Yorkshire and, since this picture was taken, has undergone three extensive refurbishments. Photograph from the David Atkinson Archive.