March 1961. A view across to St. Bernard's, Gildersome, from the path to Cartlidge's Turkey Farm off Rooms Lane. A sunny, but hazy day. The young girl is looking towards Lister Cottages (white building near the end of Rooms Lane) and St. Bernard's Railway Station and Mill. Gildersome north (St. Bernard's) Railway Station was very short lived, open for passengers from about 1900 to 1921. The line between Gomersal and Leeds was an alternative to the main route between Leeds and Huddersfield. The freight building, used a little longer than the station, is to the left of the girl's head. At this time the signals on either side of the bridge under Rooms Lane were permanently set to go. St Bernard's Mill, seen in the centre distance, belonged to A. Womersley Ltd. Two long terraces for workers flanked it. It was demolished about 1970. Photograph from the David Atkinson Archive.