1st March 2007. View of the Three Storey Building at Kirkstall Forge built on the site of the seventeenth century Dam. The Dam was constructed by Dickin and Cotton along with a weir across the River Aire when they built a Slitting Mill. It was fiananced by John Spencer of Cannon Hall. In January 1919 the 228 year old Dam was emptied and the land re-claimed. In 1938 the Three Storey Building was erected and the Small Components were moved to the middle floor. This building is now demolished (2008) and plans are in place for a mixed use development at the 65 acre Kirkstall Forge site.