October 2003 View of the Old Grammar School in Manor Square founded by Thomas Cave who gave ?250 on condition that the townspeople of Otley fund an equal amount and that it should be in operation within four years of his death. The school opened in 1611 with the Rev. William Harrison as headmaster. The statue of Thomas Chippendale can be seen to the left of the building, once a pupil of this school. In more recent times the building has been home to various businesses.