8th April 1937 This view is of the junction of New York Road, to the forefront, continues as York Road over the roundabout. Regent Street and Mabgate are to the left. Yorkshire Penny Bank is on the left, on the end of Mabgate, with semi-circular frontage, business of Simon Adlestone, boot and shoe dealer. The church behind is St. Marys' Mabgate. To the right, Quarry Hill Flats are being constructed. There are keep left signs on the roundabout, a traffic island in the centre of the road.