28th July 1914 Foundations of Killingbeck Hospital, farm buildings on left. The Killingbeck Hall Estate had been sold by Mrs Meynell Ingram in December 1898. The hospital had opened in 1904 to deal with cases of smallpox. From 1913, it became known as Killingbeck Municipal Sanatorium and specialised in cases of tuberculosis. It was extended again in 1936. Killingbeck was to become a treatment centre for heart and lung diseases, until it was closed in 1997. Killingbeck Hall had been demolished in 1978.