7th January 1963. View of Lyddon Hall, situated on Cromer Road, a Leeds University Hall of Residence. The hall began as a modest house built in 1826. Over the years it was enlarged and altered by various owners. It was bought by the Yorkshire College in 1902, to become part of the campus when the College became the foundation of Leeds University. The name recalls Julia Lyddon who had begun the building programme on the Lyddon estate.