17th October 1929. Newsagents shop on left is no.15 Woodhouse Lane, business of Percy Charles Holmes. There are posters on the shop front for thrift stores, Coachways Travel, Sports post newspaper. The shop window and doorway carry goods and advertising. Looking down Wormald Row, garage premises of EGS company are in view. To the right is 'The City' public house, beer from Albion Brewery, Leeds. The landlord was Harold Buck.