20th September 1933. View of Stocks Hill, Lower Town Street showing a block of stone built shop properties numbering 145A to 147. At the left edge is the butcher's shop belonging to Miss Isa Busfield (later to become Mrs Isa Croft) at number 145A, then Dunkirk Photographic Studios at number 147A, the business of James Blakey, 'Kiddies' portraits a speciality'. There is a large sign on the exterior wall that reads "Someone Somewhere Wants Your Photograph". This is followed by Leeds Permanent Building Society at number 147 with the pediment over the entrance. After this block there is a gateway advertising a garage offering motor car and motor cycle repairs. The next properties are a row of three-storey houses at right angles to Stocks Hill, numbering 149 to 155, and now demolished. There is a painted sign for the Unicorn Inn on the gable end of a pair of cottages. These cottages were demolished in 1936 to allow for the road improvements to Bramley Town Street and the occupants were re-housed. The Unicorn Inn is behind these on a site at right angles to Stocks Hill. Visible on the right is the Grade 2 listed retaining wall, topped with railings, which housed two town wells.