RH DES MACKINTOSH, Charles Rennie; (Scottish; 1868-1928) During 1920 Mackintosh received commissions from the artists Harold Squire, Arthur Cadogan Blunt and Francis Derwent Wood for adjacent studios in a contiguous site near Mackintosh's own studio in Chelsea. The site fronted onto Glebe Place, and overlooked the grounds of the recently demolished Cheyne House. For the sculptor Wood, Mackintosh designed a large, simple building in a farmhouse vernacular, in the style favoured by Arts and Crafts architects before the First World War. On the ground floor, Mackintosh placed a sculptor's studio and workshop, lit by a large window. On the upper floors were painters' studios, including a separate entry.