None MANU Arnold London United Kingdom Sir William Lee Weipers was born in 1904, in the town of Kilbirnie, Ayrshire, Scotland. He became the first Director of Veterinary Education at the University of Glasgow in 1949, later becoming the Dean of the Veterinary Faculty in 1969 until 1974. Weipers was knighted in 1966 for his services to Veterinary Education.
The Hunterian holds an important collection of Weipers' veterinary instruments, the majority of which relate to the surgery of small animals, which was Weipers' forte, especially during his earlier career. The current Equine Hospital at the University of Glasgow Garscube campus is named in honour of Weipers and his legacy to the college.