Xewkija is considered the oldest village of Gozo. This fact was made
more clear when the old church of the village was erected into the first
parish outside the town in 1678. Since time immemorial, the parish
church has been dedicated to Saint John the Baptist. The present church
known as The Rotunda was designed by Maltese architect Guze dAmato.
It was inspired by the Basilica di Santa Mari…