- × pixels
- Peterborough Cathedral - the present building, was begun in 1118 and finally consecrated in 1238. This church is built largely of Barnack Ragstone a local limestone quarried at Barnack near Stamford. Despite general changes in style the building was completed to the western end of the Nave in the Norman, or Romanesque, style in which it had been begun. Only in completing the Western transept and adding the Great West Front Portico, did the medieval masons adopt the, then more modern, gothic style. Cathedrals in the East of England www.easterncathedrals.org.uk/peterborough.html
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Batley Central Methodist Church - group photograph.
- Mirfield Grammar School Theatrical Presentations.
- The construction of the first segment of the Yorkshire section of the M62 motorway, situated between the county boundary of Saddleworth Moor and Outlane - Scammonden Bridge, the centering of the arch aided by scaffolding.
- Dewsbury from Earlsheaton