- × pixels
- Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya, one of the smallest states in India. Shillong remained the capital of undivided Assam until the creation of the new state of Meghalaya on 21 st January, 1972, when Shillong became the capital of Meghalaya and Assam moved its capital to Dispur in Guwahati. See image: K026281
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.
- The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Mirfield WF14 9HY.
- Mr John Beddard's (former Headmaster of Shelley Council School) middle daughter - Daisy.