- × pixels
- Sir John (Serjeant) Simon was the popular MP for Dewsbury and Batley for twenty years. He was indeed the first MP for the Dewsbury Parliamentary Borough, which included the townships of Dewsbuty and Batley and the semi-townships of Ravensthorpe, Thornhill Lees, and Saville Town and which was constituted under the Act of 1867.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Batley Central Methodist Church - group photograph.
- Mirfield Grammar School Theatrical Presentations.
- The construction of the first segment of the Yorkshire section of the M62 motorway, situated between the county boundary of Saddleworth Moor and Outlane - Scammonden Bridge, the centering of the arch aided by scaffolding.
- Dewsbury from Earlsheaton