- × pixels
- Mr. David Wilson was remembered as as a well known religious worker and manufacturer in the town, and a man of exemplary character during the middle decades of the 19th century. As a woollen manufacturer he carried on business at the Providence Mills, Providence Place and afterwards built premises known as Savile Mill, Soothill, and let off room and power. He also for some time manufactured bricks on those premises. Mr Wilson was at one time a member of the old board of Health before Batley was incorporated.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.
- The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Mirfield WF14 9HY.
- Mr John Beddard's (former Headmaster of Shelley Council School) middle daughter - Daisy.