- × pixels
- The Supermarine Spitfire is a British single-seat fighter aircraft, which was used by the Royal Air Force and many other allied countries throughout the Second World War. It was produced in greater numbers than any other British aircraft, and was the only British fighter in production throughout the war. Rangoon (Yangon) was the former capital of Burma. See image: K026379
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Batley Central Methodist Church - group photograph.
- Mirfield Grammar School Theatrical Presentations.
- The construction of the first segment of the Yorkshire section of the M62 motorway, situated between the county boundary of Saddleworth Moor and Outlane - Scammonden Bridge, the centering of the arch aided by scaffolding.
- Dewsbury from Earlsheaton