- × pixels
- Mr. Andrew Avison, who died in July 1882 at the age of 47 years, was the youngest of three brothers; Charles, Fred and Andrew, who founded the firm of Avison Bros., and started in business as cloth finishers at premises in what was then known as Avison's Yard, off Commercial Street, Batley. Subsequently the firm became a cloth manufacturers, at Little Dock Mills, Carlinghow and afterwards at Grove Mills, Birstall.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.
- The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Mirfield WF14 9HY.
- Mr John Beddard's (former Headmaster of Shelley Council School) middle daughter - Daisy.