- × pixels
- Howley Hall was built in the 1580s by Sir John Savile. Serious damage was done to the building, when the hall was besieged immediately prier to the battle of Adwalton Moor in 1643. In 1730 Howley Hall was pulled down, but some of the ruins still remain, including the cellars of the great hall. Over the years the ruins have proved to be a popular attraction, many families would take in the ruins whilst taking a stroll on a Sunday afternoon.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Batley Central Methodist Church - group photograph.
- Mirfield Grammar School Theatrical Presentations.
- The construction of the first segment of the Yorkshire section of the M62 motorway, situated between the county boundary of Saddleworth Moor and Outlane - Scammonden Bridge, the centering of the arch aided by scaffolding.
- Dewsbury from Earlsheaton