- × pixels
- Mr. Matthew Scholefield was, for many years, a prominent and highly respected member of the legal profession in Batley. After completing his articles with Mr. Battye, of Birstall, he was admitted a solicitor in 1853, and came to Batley, where he opened a private practice in Brunswick Street, which proved to be the foundation of the firm Messrs Scholefield, Taylor and Maggs.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Batley Central Methodist Church - group photograph.
- Mirfield Grammar School Theatrical Presentations.
- The construction of the first segment of the Yorkshire section of the M62 motorway, situated between the county boundary of Saddleworth Moor and Outlane - Scammonden Bridge, the centering of the arch aided by scaffolding.
- Dewsbury from Earlsheaton