- × pixels
- Mr John Beddard 1856-1933, former Shelley Headmaster / resided at The Bungalow, Shelley Mr Beddard was a native of Pensnett, near Dudley. He came to Shelley fifty five years ago to take over the headmastership of the Council School. In later years he became chairman of the Shelley Urban District Council. He was also a magistrate on the Huddersfield West Riding Bench for a number of years, and a member of the Kirkburton Old Age Pensions Committee. Mr Beddard was also a prominent worker at Shelley Methodist Church, where he held a number of offices. Almost since he first came to live at Shelley, he was actively associated with the Shelley Cricket Club. Information adapted from a newspaper article (name of paper unknown), year: 1933
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Batley Central Methodist Church - group photograph.
- Mirfield Grammar School Theatrical Presentations.
- The construction of the first segment of the Yorkshire section of the M62 motorway, situated between the county boundary of Saddleworth Moor and Outlane - Scammonden Bridge, the centering of the arch aided by scaffolding.
- Dewsbury from Earlsheaton