- × pixels
- Mr. John Taylor was born in 1817 and was the third son of Mr. Thomas Taylor Manufacture whose father was Mr. Abraham Taylor, who was also a manufacturer at Chapel Fold. In 1845 Mr. John Taylor and his brothers put together their resources and funded the firm of J. T. and J. Taylor. Previously all the brothers were employed by their father, who had owned Clerk Green Mill, but whose business now was concentrated at Blakeridge Mills. The written agreement of partnership for the foundation of the firm of J. T. and J. Taylor, which is still there, records capital of the three brothers was approximately £300 "and an eight-days clock".
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- A Vindication of Mr John Taylor, 1717
- Letter of Thomas Sloan to Mr John Taylor of Wanlockhead - accompanied the poem 'Pegasus at Wanlockhead' by Robert Burns
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.