- × pixels
- Mr John Skelsey, father of Mr. Walter Skelsey of the firm Messrs. Cox Brothers and Skelsey, woollen manufacturers of Ravens Wharf Mills, Ravensthorpe. Me. John Skelsey returned to England from Canada in the fifties, having spent several years in Canada in connection with railway contracting. Upon his return he purchased the Park Lane estate, situated four miles from Doncaster, from Mr. Pilkington and in 1866 he built the Park Lane Mills, later owned by Messrs C. Robinson and Co. Ltd., Carlinghow, Mr Charles Robinson being formerly associated with Mr. Skelsey.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.
- The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Mirfield WF14 9HY.
- Mr John Beddard's (former Headmaster of Shelley Council School) middle daughter - Daisy.