- × pixels
- Mr. Joseph Chadwick succeeded his brother Jeremiah who died in 1816, and a tombstone to the memory of both is to be found in the curchyard behind the tower. Mr. Joseph Chadwick was for 55 years clerk at Batley Parish Church, and he died on June 9th 1871 at the advanced age of 84. The office went with certain lands and it is stated that the vicar was unable to dispossess the person holding the office.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.
- The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Mirfield WF14 9HY.
- Mr John Beddard's (former Headmaster of Shelley Council School) middle daughter - Daisy.