- × pixels
- In the open space in front of these buildings a Cattle Fair was held, hence the railings along the causeway side. The Shears Inn was closed by the Licensing Authority in 1909. The Shears Court and the building on the right, still remained in September 1926. The site was later occupied by the Spotted Cow Inn, situated at the corner of Leeds Road, and Northgate.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.
- The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Mirfield WF14 9HY.
- Mr John Beddard's (former Headmaster of Shelley Council School) middle daughter - Daisy.