- × pixels
- Make-Do and Mend Window Display: Following the week after "Salute the Solder" Alfred Kaye's decided to adopt the slogan "Salute the Home Worker". The main feature of the display was to show what could be done with old garments. Show card to the left hand side of the window: "Stop Press" - Take out your zips and press studs from your old clothes. Centre show card: featuring the slogan "Look out for that tear and make a dinky repair".
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.
- The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Mirfield WF14 9HY.
- Mr John Beddard's (former Headmaster of Shelley Council School) middle daughter - Daisy.