- × pixels
- Erected in 1848 by Sir J.W.R.'s Trustees, the new hotel was rendered necessary due to the removal of the old George Hotel, for the purpose of opening up John William Street and various other streets opposite the new railway station. The portion opposite the cabs was erected in 1854.
First published in Europeana:
Last updated in Europeana:
- Chapel Hill, looking up towards Buxton Road, Huddersfield.
- Wartime Archive of Reg Stone of Skelmanthorpe: The King Edward VII Arch leading to the Victoria Memorial Hall, Queens Way, Calcutta.
- The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Mirfield WF14 9HY.
- Mr John Beddard's (former Headmaster of Shelley Council School) middle daughter - Daisy.