Monument of Sir Charles Cavendish at Bolsover

Sir Charles Cavendish and his family took over
Bolsover Castle in 1608. Five years later he began an extensive
programme of rebuilding the castle, to which his sons added
extensions of their own.The following is an extract from White's
Directory [1857], "Attached to the south aisle is a mortuary chapel
belonging to the Cavendish family, and contans two monuments to the
members of that family, one …